Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Links to Signature

I am trying to add business links to social media sites to my signature and have been unable to find a way to do so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2017 11:15 AM

Old thread I know, but I just had to work through this and found a potential solution. I just had success creating my signature in Word (with multiple hyperlinks). Saving word document as HTML, then simple copy and paste of HTML into the Signature window - be sure to uncheck "match default font box". My signature appeared as desired (images too), and hyperlinks were functional.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2017 11:15 AM in response to Jayme Halbritter

Old thread I know, but I just had to work through this and found a potential solution. I just had success creating my signature in Word (with multiple hyperlinks). Saving word document as HTML, then simple copy and paste of HTML into the Signature window - be sure to uncheck "match default font box". My signature appeared as desired (images too), and hyperlinks were functional.

Jan 18, 2014 8:57 PM in response to paige1334

One way to do this is to create a link in the body of an email message by using the Add or edit a hyperlink button, and after the hyperlink has been created, copy it directly into a new Signature in Mail Preferences.

So, if you want to create a link to your Twitter feed, you'd open a new Mail message, and type "Twitter" into the body of that message.

User uploaded file

Select that:

User uploaded file

Click on the Add hyperlink button (if that button isn't visible, add it to your Mail toolbar by control-clicking on the toolbar, choosing Customize Toolbar..., then drag the button up into in the toolbar),

User uploaded file

add your Twitter account's address into the text field that opens, and click OK.

User uploaded file

That will create the hyperlink

User uploaded file

which you will select and copy, then paste into the new Signature you're creating...

User uploaded file

Close the Mail message you used to create the links, and the sig you created will be available in the Signature list for future messages. If you want to add any other links, just keep creating them the same way and paste them into the same sig in Mail Preferences.

User uploaded file

Done.

Jan 20, 2014 10:43 AM in response to paige1334

This definitely works in 10.9.1.

One thing you need to check, and which I neglected to mention, is that in Mail > Preferences > Composing, the Rich Text option must be enabled for Message Format. If Message Format is set to Plain Text, hyperlinks won't work regardless of the application in which you created them (Mail, Pages, or whatever).

Good luck!

Jan 21, 2014 4:05 PM in response to paige1334

This is the first you've mentioned iCloud. This is the OS X 10.9 Mavericks forum and the instructions I've given you are for Mail.app which is a part of OS X 10.9 Mavericks. I don't know too much about iCloud Mail because I mainly use my iCloud mail account as a catchall for spam. I do know that you cannot create the type of signature you want if you use the web-based iCloud to manage your mail. Good luck!

Apr 28, 2016 12:05 PM in response to Tuttle

Hi there!

Say I'm hoping you'll still see this reply... I'm at the stage where I copied the hyperlinked word, and pasted it into my signature, but it's not pasting the hyperlink.

I'm using Yosemite.

I selected the jayme@jaymehalbritter.com signature on the left, had clicked on the middle one to the left of the signature, pasted it, closed the preference box, sent a test signature, and the www.jaymehalbritter.com has a highlighted link normally, but the Instagram @ jamesclifton does not.

Any ideas? I'll attach a screenshot.

Thanks!

Jayme

User uploaded file

Adding Links to Signature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.