Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it normal? After fully charge I use some apps repeatedly non stop on apps like Instagram,email,Facebook,twitter and surf the web after 48minutes the battery is now 87%... From 100% > 47minutes>87% is it okay? I'm using 5S

Is it normal? After fully charge I use some apps repeatedly non stop on apps like Instagram,email,Facebook,twitter and surf the web after 48minutes the battery is now 87%... From 100% > 47minutes>87% is it okay? I'm using 5S

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 1:19 PM

That's 'heavy' use of the device, and depending on whether you're using cellular data or wi-fi, and how bright your screen is, and if your email is set to constantly push... yeah, 13% down in 47 minutes isn't really abnormal. That works out to 361 minutes from 100% to 0%, so that's 6 hours of heavy use.

7 replies

Jan 18, 2014 2:45 PM in response to Quoshen95

It's not 'abnormal'.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Maximum Battery Life*

iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c offer up to 10 hours of talk time on 3G, 8 hours of Internet use on 3G, 10 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi, 10 hours of video playback, or 40 hours of audio playback on a full charge at original capacity. In addition, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c feature up to 250 hours of standby time.

Try this controlled test:

- First, charge up the device to 100%. To enable the percentage indicator, go to Settings > General > Usage, and turn on Battery Percentage.

- Once the device is charged to 100%, make sure to close out all Apps that are running on the device. In iOS 7, you close out running apps by double-tapping the Home Button, and then swiping your finger up across the preview screen of each app to move it off the top of the screen.

- Then, turn off wi-fi and cellular data. Settings > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi: OFF & Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data: OFF. This will not prevent you from receiving any phone calls, although it will prevent text messages. If you want to still be able to get text messages overnight, leave Cellular Data ON.

- Go back to the Home Screen, and take a screenshot. Press both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together briefly, and you will see the screen flash white for a split-second, and an image will be saved to your Photo App Camera Roll.

- Disconnect the iPhone from the charger, and lock the screen so it is dark.

- Let the iPhone sit in this ‘standby state’ for as long as possible, preferably overnight.

- In the morning, unlock the screen, and then take a screenshot of the Home Screen again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.