10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 4:56 PM by Hans L
Hans L Level 1 Level 1

I have set up an email address,but used .com instead of .org, and now, I want to change it.

I go to Settings > Mail. Contacts, ... > "Hans" (email account) > Click on Email > On Email screen, cliccing Edit, and the check mark sisappears and "hans@domain.... [three bars]" are shown. But no keyboard are shown, so I cannot make any changes.

What am I missing. Urgent ... travelling tomorrow, early. Thanks!!!

Hans L

Solved by Meg St._Clair on Jan 18, 2014 1:46 PM Solved

Delete the account with the mistake and start over.

Reply by Hans L on Jan 18, 2014 1:56 PM Helpful

Meg and Jmahone, I was afraid of that :-(

But, will delete and start again.

Thanks!

Hans L

Reply by Meg St._Clair on Jan 18, 2014 2:03 PM Helpful

If all you did was enter your creditials incorrectly in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar, it should take you less time to delete the account and add it back than it's taking me to type this. Deleting the account on the iPhone will have no affect on your email account.

Best of luck. 

All replies

• Meg St._Clair Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone

Delete the account with the mistake and start over.

• jmahone Level 2 Level 2

If there is no data on your email address (e.g. You have not used it ever before), then try Deleting the email account on your iPhone (swipe to the right untill you see a box saying 'Delete'), then add the email account again.

Good Luck

• Hans L Level 1 Level 1

Meg and Jmahone, I was afraid of that :-(

But, will delete and start again.

Thanks!

Hans L

expertise.iphone
    iPhone

If all you did was enter your creditials incorrectly in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar, it should take you less time to delete the account and add it back than it's taking me to type this. Deleting the account on the iPhone will have no affect on your email account.

Best of luck. 

• Hans L Level 1 Level 1

Although I am curious as to why the 'Edit' does not work.

• Hans L Level 1 Level 1

Darn, pressed "it solved .. " for myself by mistake. And jmhone, I thought I could press "It solkved ..." for more than one post, but it looks like you cannot. Drat!!!

expertise.iphone
    iPhone

Hans L wrote:

Darn, pressed "it solved .. " for myself by mistake. And jmhone, I thought I could press "It solkved ..." for more than one post, but it looks like you cannot. Drat!!!

Actually, you awarded the "Solved" points to me. And, for that, I thank you. Besides, points are really the point, so to speak. As long as you got your problem sorted out, that's the important part.

Best of luck.

• Hans L Level 1 Level 1

Yes, Meg, the fact that I award you with "Solved ..." was the reason for my saying to Jmahone that I thought you could award "Solved ..." to more than one person (which I intended to do; you both gave me the same solution).

Regards,

Hans L

expertise.iphone
    iPhone

Hans L wrote:

Yes, Meg, the fact that I award you with "Solved ..." was the reason for my saying to Jmahone that I thought you could award

Ahh, except you replied to yourself, not jmahone. If you click on the "Reply" button in the bottom of the post to which you want to reply, it will indicate show who you replied to in your post.

Best of luck.

• Hans L Level 1 Level 1

Sorry about the Reply goof!

Hans L