Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help repeating Drop Zone 3D movement

I have created and sized a Drop Zone and added a 3D rotation. I would like to duplicate this Drop Zone, move it to different places on he canvas and have it repeat the origanal rotations exactly. When I Option drag to create and position duplicates, their action is similar to the orignal but not exactly the same. It's as if the duplicates are locked to some anchor point from the origional.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), iPad 2 and iPhone 5s

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 2:45 PM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2014 6:18 AM in response to sesweitzer

First, the Command-D shortcut for duplicaing is much easier, more accurate.

I'm doing this myself, and all duplicates are exactly the same.

Are you keyframing the rotation or using a behavior?

Can you post a screen shot to show exaclty what is different between them?

One thing to try is create all of your drop zones first, apply a rotational behavior to it, then copy that behavior to each of the other drop zones. Copying a behavior is a bit faster and easier.

Jan 19, 2014 6:50 AM in response to BenB

Thanks for the Command-D reminder. I was keyframing the rotation and using the HUD. I don't know how to create 3D moves with behaviors.

This is a screen grab. The two additional boxes were created with Cmd+D and then dragged to the new location. As you can see, each is in a different postition in their rotation.

User uploaded file

The goal is to have all three boxed rotate in and end up in the same 3D space as the box on the left.User uploaded file

Jan 19, 2014 6:56 AM in response to sesweitzer

Ah, I see, that is due to camera perspective in 3D space. Like when you look down train tracks, they seem to merge into a single point on the horizon.

You may want to do this in 2D space so it is more flat. Or make the drop zones smaller so the camera can be closer to them, and not see the large perspective effect.

Or you'll need to tweak the keyframes so they all match.

You can apply a Spin behavior to the various Rotation parameters to get easier control then with keyframes.

Help repeating Drop Zone 3D movement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.