Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage problem after MNP

I can't activate imessage on my iPhone 4 ios 7.0.4 after I mooved to a new operator with the same number (MNP)

Please, help me

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 2:18 PM

8 replies

Feb 7, 2014 3:34 AM in response to bmturik

I have the same problem and try all methods to resolve it by myself. I contact with AppleCare, but they say this is not problem Apple, this problem of mobile operator.

I've move from Beeline to Megafon via mnp.

Megafon can't help me, because imessage is not service of Megafon.

Please, help me and sorry for my poor English.(I'm Russian)

Nov 16, 2015 4:14 AM in response to Krasheq

I have the same problem. Here in Russia I moved from Megafon to Tele2 operator. And now my phone can not see my old (transfered) number on new Tele2 sim card. All other services (calls, SMS, mobile internet) work great. iOS 9.1, iPhone6+

I've tryied all the possible solution found in the internet (Switching iMessage on and off, iCloudlogoff/logon, resetting/rebooting etc etc ) with no positive result. I even inserted my new SIM to absolutely new iPhone with no settings - and activation stucked. At the same time new SIM card (without MNP) from the same operator works flawlessly and registration of the iMessage is instant. But SIM card with MNP doen't work in absolutely new iPhone - it looks like iPhone cannot read MNP number. And manual set up of my MNP number in Settings/Phone doesn't help. :((

I've made a call to Apple support. They asked me to go to my operator abd after that connect with apple again. I hope to write you soon about the progress.

BTW

Here is the same problem in India. Quite old one.

http://blog.inavdeep.com/2012/10/facetime-and-imessage-dont-work-on-mnp.html

And final outcome is that "Apple finally told me it's a MNP issue, that my number is not ported-in completely into new provider. In India, this is a common problem with FaceTime and iMessages activation. Neither I or they were convinced that this is the valid case, but that makes a little sense too as when I tried original Airtel SIM card in my same iPhone, and both FaceTime and iMessages services work seamlessly."

So, it looks like we should make our operators to do something. But how? 🙂

iMessage problem after MNP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.