Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete the classical music playlist from my ipod

Is there a way to delete the itunes generated playlists directly from the ipod, or do I have to delete them in itunes, then sync the ipod ot get rid of them? I'm referring to the playlists itunes creates (Classical Music, 90s Music, Recently Played, etc.). I don't get an option to delete at the top of the list like I do with the ones I've created myself. I'd love to be able to do this from the ipod instead of syncing, because every time I hook the ipod up to the computer it pretty much blows up and I lose music, can't get it back, have sync issues, etc. and I lose days of my life trying to get it back. Then I have these random playlists again, and teh cycle starts all over. Help!

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 4:53 AM

Go to itunes on your computer and then open your music tab then click the playlist tab. Now click 'File' then 'new' then 'Playlist folder' and then drag any playlist you want to delete into that folder then delete the folder 🙂

6 replies

Apr 17, 2014 9:20 AM in response to the fiend

I tried to delete the preset playlists that are already there in iTunes (recnetly added, 90's music, most played etc) but you cant delete them as they are locked. You can only delete playlists you create on your iPod iPhone etc. So the way i found to delete the ones already there that are locked is by going into iTunes on your computer and clicking 'File' then 'new' then 'Playlist folder', dragging the locked playlists into the folder and then deleteing the folder. 😀

Apr 17, 2014 10:05 AM in response to HarleyGC7

HarleyGC7 wrote:

I tried to delete the preset playlists that are already there in iTunes (recnetly added, 90's music, most played etc) but you cant delete them as they are locked.

That's not correct.

Here's the default Playlist named "Top 25 Most Played". Watch what happens; right-click:

User uploaded file

and on clicking Delete, you get this pop-up:

User uploaded file

and here it is, gone!

User uploaded file

... and now iTunes is highlighting the Windham Hill Playlist because I've deleted the one above it (Top 25 Most Played).

They are not locked and because they can be deleted, the User Tips in the iTunes for Windows discussions includes one for restoring the original Playlists: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2782

Apr 30, 2015 1:00 PM in response to HarleyGC7

Okay, I tried that. I went to music. I created a new playlist folder and them moved a couple of the standard playlists that I did not care for into that folder and then deleted that folder. The classical playlist is still showing on the ipod. It did not let me create a playlist folder under the ipod hierarchy. Will it go away with a sync?

Also, do you know if there is a maximum number of playlists that an ipod classic can handle? I tried moving a whole bunch to the ipod, but some did not transfer.

how do i delete the classical music playlist from my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.