Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Music app on iPhone 5, red circle with red square inside.

So after upgrading to iOS 7, my iPhone 5 was working fine, but after syncing it a few times I started to have a huge problem with my Music app. Whenever I play certain songs, a red circle with a red square inside shows up next to the song I'm trying to play. I usually sort my music by artists and pick that way and many songs by the same artist will get this same response. I've had an encounter like this before and it was that I had a song in the cloud and I could download it, but this is different and there is no option to download the song. Also after this happens to me and I go back to the screen with my different artists, certain names of artists will be flickering in and out. I've tried resyncing my iPhone with my computer but it still does the same thing.

I'm afraid I might have to reset my phone to the default settings in order to fix the problem, but it would be awesome if there was another easy way to fix this that I just haven't thought of. I've also tried looking on the forums to find the answer but I have yet to find anything. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, I bought my phone last June.

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 9:34 PM

De-sync all music to remove it from the device. Next perform a reset by holding down the home button along with the power button until you see the Apple, then let go. Last, re-sync your music.

6 replies

Problem with Music app on iPhone 5, red circle with red square inside.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.