Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resizing images on iPad mini

How do you resize a saved image to fit the screen of an iPad mini?

My mams having problems with her iPad mini.

She has saved an image to her camera roll, and whenever she goes to make it

her wallpaper it blows up so that the image is bigger than she would like it to be.

When she goes to make it smaller it pings back to the larger imae size.

IS THERE ANYTHING I COULD DO THAT WOULD MAKE THE IMAGE FIT THE SCREEN???

Thanks for any help I get, it is greatly appreciated.

Celine Tovey

This is the image she is trying to make fit to her screen!!

User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 3:05 PM

Is she trying to resize this to use as wallpaper? Beautiful pic btw.........If yes, tell her to resize it in Photo Roll, then do a screenshot to use as wallpaper.

To take a screenshot, hold your finger on the home button and tap the power button once. You'll hear a shutter click and you'll find the copy of the screenshot in the camera roll.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2014 3:05 PM in response to celinetee

Is she trying to resize this to use as wallpaper? Beautiful pic btw.........If yes, tell her to resize it in Photo Roll, then do a screenshot to use as wallpaper.

To take a screenshot, hold your finger on the home button and tap the power button once. You'll hear a shutter click and you'll find the copy of the screenshot in the camera roll.

Jan 18, 2014 3:19 PM in response to celinetee

I have found an app called "Background Optimizer"

Its a little bit tricky to use to get the image in the correct place, and size so that it doesn't zoom in to much, but it works.

you might have to try a few times to get the image size, and placing correct, and you have to make sure that the 'reduce motion' isn't on in the app when saving the image or it puts the image into the top left corner.

Its a great alternative.

Resizing images on iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.