Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - HDCP Issue

Hi I have been using my Apple TV with no issues for the past twelve months, for both purchasing but primarily renting and playing moves. I have not used the device for a couple of months, when i last use it everything was operating without any issues.

I have recenly hired a movie and got the following error message displayed on the TV screen: " This content requires HDCP for Playback. Either your HDMI cable isn't properly connected and your HDMI connection doesen't supportHDCP, please reconnect the HDMI cable from your Apple TV to your HDTV and try again.

Since this happened the first time I have:

1) Disconnected and reconnected all of my HDMI cabelieng.

2) Receycled the power on all units with my system including my wi-fi equipment.

3) I have also carried out a restore of my Apple TV - which has made sure it is up to date from a software perspective.

After each of the actions I have gone back and tried to view the rented and past purchased movies I have and neither with work. it keeps giving me the original error message above.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this issue??

Best Regards JA

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 11:46 AM

Hello John_Axe,

The following article provides some additional troubleshooting that can help restore your ability to watch protected content on your TV.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): About Apple TV and HDCP

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4428

Cheers,

Allen

1 reply

Apple TV - HDCP Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.