Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photos from iPhone 5 to Windows 8 laptop gives error message

Hello!

I'm having problems transferring photos and videos from my iPhone 5 to my Windows 8 laptop. The computer recognizes the phone when I connect the two devices, but after going to the "Computer" window, right-clicking "Apple iPhone" under "Portable Devices" and selecting "Import pictures and videos," I get the following message: ""No pictures or videos were found on this device."

I found an earlier thread discussing a similar problem for transferring photos from an iPhone 4S to a Windows 7 laptop, but none of the solutions suggested there (turning the phone off and then on again, unlocking the phone) works for me.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions! Thanks!

iPhone 5, Windows 8

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 5:30 PM

I usually see this error reported when the iPhone connected has not been unlocked prior to being connected. Disconnect the phone from the computer. Unlock the phone with the passcode and make sure it is "awake" when you connect it to the computer. This seems to be a quirk under Windows 8.

7 replies

Transferring photos from iPhone 5 to Windows 8 laptop gives error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.