Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) (A1450) is not recognized by my Iphone 5s!!

I Just bougt the Lightning to 30-pin adapter (0.2m) (A1450). I'm now connecting the cable (device) to my Iphone 5s (Ios 7.0.4) without any other device connected to it and I receive the message "This accessory is not supported by this device."

When I connect the adapter to my car stereo with my 30pin connector my iphone won't give me the option to play audio to the dock connecter. Lukyly it is charging.

Why is my iphone not regocnizing my (genuine) lightning to 30 pin adapter? If it would, I think it will also playback music via the connector like my old Iphone 4s.

Thanks for reply

Kr Dennis

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 4:38 AM

10 replies

Feb 12, 2014 8:04 AM in response to fprintf

It is very possible that plugging the adaptor onto a vehicle manufacturer's cable does not connect to all of the pins. It may not have all the same pins on that 30-pin cable as the Apple cable. I would tend to believe this could be a manufacturer fault rather than Apple, but I would check with the manufacturer. Many of the vehicle manufacturers are beginning to have lightning cables available for use with the newer phones for vehicles now.

Feb 12, 2014 4:05 AM in response to Dennis-nl

I am getting the same error. After a 30 minute drive each way to the Apple store, and not discovering the error until I got home, I am pretty upset. This is the reason we all buy genuine Apple accessories, so we don't have these kinds of warning messages and errors.

Time to go back to the store and have a Genius actually plug the next adapter into the phone to be sure it works before I leave the store. Grrrr.

Feb 12, 2014 9:34 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

In my case the error message happens before I have anything plugged into the 30 pin adaptor end, so it occurs immediately upon plugging in the lightning end. Now I get the same error when I plug the lightning end when the 30 pin end is already connected also.

So who knows?!?! Thanks for the reply. Anything else to check before heading back to the Apple store?

Feb 15, 2014 9:38 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

This is exactly right. I returned the connector, asked the guys to let me try the new one in the store and it worked perfectly. I demonstrated the error in the store and they were surprised. And the new one doesn't throw that error at all.

So it was just a faulty connector. Just my luck that it would be my first and hopefully last broken Apple product.

Feb 15, 2014 1:57 PM in response to fprintf

I've had iPods before the iPhone came out, and we have had iPhones since they came out. We have 5 of them in the family and two iPad minis. Out of all of that, we only had one fault and that was an iPhone 4 that the front facing camera did not work out of the box. It was bought and activated at AT&T, they replaced it right there and with the exception of my daughter cracking a couple of screens, we have had no issues since.

Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) (A1450) is not recognized by my Iphone 5s!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.