Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I start clean with Contacts?

My iPad3 died under warranty and was replaced with an iPad4. Before I had a chance to really use it, I loaned it to my wife to take on a business trip, supposedly just to access her webmail, Facebook, and maybe take a few photos. Somehow, she managed to import 300+ contacts - seemingly from her Android phone, but maybe from Facebook... she has a lot in both places.

I discovered the problem when trying to share a video on my own Facebook timeline. I was logged in to Facebook in Safari, but the video wouldn't upload via the Facebook UI (I don't use the FB app because it has 10 times more ads). So I shared the video to FB direct from iPad Photos, it shared to her timeline, not mine.

When I go into iPad Contacts and look at her contact record, it says "Me" beside it. Somehow she did something so that iPad Contacts thinks the iPad is hers.

I want to clean out ALL contacts in the iPad and start over. But I don't want to just go to a new iPad and wipe out everything I added before I discovered this problem... apps, etc. And I don't want to try syncing with my MacBook to get my own 50--60 contacts until I understand what will happen. I don't want her 300+ contacts ending up on the Mac! This iPad has never been synced with the Mac, so I can't just take it back to a previous sync.

Advice much appreciated!

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, Bought in Russia, U.S. Apple acct.

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 6:03 AM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2014 1:08 PM in response to rubanjoguy

Hey rubanjoguy,

Thanks for the question and detailed information. It indeed sounds like these 300+ contacts may be from your Wife’s FaceBook account. When you setup a FaceBook account on your device, you have the option of syncing contacts. To disable this, see the following:

iOS: Using Facebook, Twitter, and other social network accounts

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5500

Sync contacts and calendars

iOS can sync your Facebook contacts and calendars with your device. This feature is off by default, but you can enable it in Settings > Facebook after adding your account.

User uploaded file

Thanks,

Matt M.

How can I start clean with Contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.