Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove apps from my iPhone 4S

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.0.4. I can no longer delete apps from my phone by holding the app icon until it jiggles because there are no red Xs displayed. The icons jiggle, but no X appears like there were in previous iOS versions. I have tried to delete apps through iTunes sync with my phone but the button to remove apps is not available (does not become active).

Is there another way to delete the apps? Or is there some bug with my operating system?

Thanks, Cindy

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 7:05 AM

5 replies

Jan 19, 2014 7:13 AM in response to JimHdk

This solved the problem. I changed my phone in Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Allow -> Deleting Apps and when I pressed the icons to make them jiggle the X delete now appears.

This may be a new setting with the recent iOS version because I did not deliberately set my phone to restrict ability to delete apps. Perhaps it is a fail-safe built into the new version. Whatever, this fixed the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply.

How can I remove apps from my iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.