Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail. Coordinating on both computers

Both my MacBook Pro laptop and G5 are running OSX 10.5.8 and using Mac Mail 3.6.

When I go away on vacation and send an e-mail on my laptop, I am unable to see any of those on my home computer under "Sent" mail.

All incoming e-mails show up on both.

Also, my laptop shows only blank emails if they are a few months old. Is there a setting for that, so I can read them from a year or so ago?

THANKS!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), FCS 2

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 9:25 AM

I use POP email on several computers with the following settings:

1. all outgoing messages are automatically bcc to me - a standard Mail setting under Composing
  2. all accounts are set to keep mail on the server for 122 days - 4 months

Provided I use each computer at least once in the 4 months this has the following advantages:

1. all computers are the same and have access to all outgoing emails - see note
  2. I can see if outgoing mail delivery is slow or has a problem
  3. all mail is backed up on several computers

The only downside is extra incoming mail but I am happy with this.

Note: My main email client is TenFourBird which has a simple archive facility which helps me store all email over a day old in year folders - one folder per year. I don't have any other mail folder structure so this ensures that all computers have the some email folder structure.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2014 9:25 AM in response to LawrenceFerr01

I use POP email on several computers with the following settings:

1. all outgoing messages are automatically bcc to me - a standard Mail setting under Composing
  2. all accounts are set to keep mail on the server for 122 days - 4 months

Provided I use each computer at least once in the 4 months this has the following advantages:

1. all computers are the same and have access to all outgoing emails - see note
  2. I can see if outgoing mail delivery is slow or has a problem
  3. all mail is backed up on several computers

The only downside is extra incoming mail but I am happy with this.

Note: My main email client is TenFourBird which has a simple archive facility which helps me store all email over a day old in year folders - one folder per year. I don't have any other mail folder structure so this ensures that all computers have the some email folder structure.

Mac Mail. Coordinating on both computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.