Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Use my HP Scanjet 4850 since updating to OSX 10.9.1

My scanner used to work perfectly, now since updating to newest OSX I cannot use the HP Scanjet software. It will scan, but when the image is saved, all it saves is a page of alternating black and white lines. I have tried to update the drivers from HP but they do not exist for 10.9.1 (only up to 10.6), and my Mac says they are from an unidentified developer and won't let them be installed anyway. I have seen where the new OS has everything built in, but when I go to system preferences > Printers and scanners - it is not listed, nor is it recognized with image capture. Any help would be much appreciated.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 7:30 AM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2014 6:53 AM in response to C_A_J

Just got the driver by going to preferences>security & Privacy>General> Aloow apps to be downloaded from anywhere. However I had to screen shot ( masher keys 6 4 shift cmd ). It wont let me save and if I try to send I just get black lines. Not a great fix but at least mavericks is recognising HP scanjet. Hope this helps.

Can't Use my HP Scanjet 4850 since updating to OSX 10.9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.