Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get out of iOS Mail Setup?

Hi All

I got a new iPad Mini for Christmas. I got it set up and working easily and fairly quickly.

I copied my Mail settings from my MacPro (OSX 10.8) using the "Sync selected Mail accounts" check box in iTunes. I've been reading mail on my iPad for about a month.

Yesterday I traveled several hours to stay with a friend for a while. I got the iPad on my friends WiFi without a problem and I can surf the web, map stuff and everything appears to be working fine... till I check email.

When I open Mail, I'm presented with the "Welcome to Mail" setup screen - like mail thinks it's not configured.

I go into Settings/Mail, Contacts and Calendars, and all my email acccounts are there, just like they should be.

The iPad is playing the New Message alert chime as it fetches mail in the background.

When I open Mail all I get is the Welcome to Mail screen!

I tried putting in dummy info to get past the setup, but that fails and I end up back at the Welcome to Mail screen.

***?

How do I get out of the stinking setup screen and back to my emails?

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 9:01 AM

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I believe I've solved the problem.

What I did:

I have several email accounts (ISP, Gmail, etc). I have them set to forward to one 'primary' account and I have that set to Active and the rest set to Inactive.

I went into Settings/Mail, Comtacts and Calendars and activated one of the inactive accounts, and de-activated the account I normally use. This change apparently convinced Mail that it was indeed configured and it got out of the setup screen and back to may emails.

I then went back to Settings/Mail, Contacts and Calanders and returned the accounts to their original configurations. Things are now back to 'normal'.

This is clearly a programming issue. Apps should not need to be 'kicked' like that to function.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2014 9:01 AM in response to Ambrose McNibble

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I believe I've solved the problem.

What I did:

I have several email accounts (ISP, Gmail, etc). I have them set to forward to one 'primary' account and I have that set to Active and the rest set to Inactive.

I went into Settings/Mail, Comtacts and Calendars and activated one of the inactive accounts, and de-activated the account I normally use. This change apparently convinced Mail that it was indeed configured and it got out of the setup screen and back to may emails.

I then went back to Settings/Mail, Contacts and Calanders and returned the accounts to their original configurations. Things are now back to 'normal'.

This is clearly a programming issue. Apps should not need to be 'kicked' like that to function.

How do I get out of iOS Mail Setup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.