Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my wifi button is grayed out

my wifi button is grayed out - I have tried a hard restart and restoring network settings and it is still grayed out - any other suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 9:10 AM

9 replies

Jan 17, 2015 5:58 PM in response to hoffmandm

Just got back from the apple store with my ipad having the same problem...... My options is $250.00 to get fixed or sell it back to Apple for $75.00. I think we are both screwed on this!! I tired all of the home grown fixes on the internet to no luck... System restore/wiped cleaned/ airplane mode restart blah blah bah blah ... spend your time looking for a new product or cost to replace because this grayed out wi-fi is starting to look like the new Red Ring of Death!!

Jan 17, 2015 10:49 PM in response to hoffmandm

i bought an expensive iphone6 and have the same issues, greyed out wifi

both with 8.1.2 and 8.2 beta 4

so frustrating. my samsung or other devices have no issues whatsoever

customer service told me that this would be a wifi chip defect, and I need to go to a store for hardware analysis

what is behind this wifi problem? does anybody know more ?

PS: as wifi station I use an apple timecapsule with integrated wifi capabilities

Jan 18, 2015 5:08 AM in response to nordfriese77

nordfriese77 wrote:

i bought an expensive iphone6 and have the same issues, greyed out wifi

both with 8.1.2 and 8.2 beta 4

so frustrating. my samsung or other devices have no issues whatsoever

customer service told me that this would be a wifi chip defect, and I need to go to a store for hardware analysis

what is behind this wifi problem? does anybody know more ?

PS: as wifi station I use an apple timecapsule with integrated wifi capabilities

How did you get the iOS 8.2 Beta onto your device? Are you a developer?

Jan 18, 2015 5:21 AM in response to nordfriese77

nordfriese77 wrote:

yes.

I also have a 4S with 8.1.2 and it does not have ANY wifi issues at all

same for ipad 2 with 8.1.2

or ipod touch with 6.1.5

Then as a developer you should know you are not supposed to post any issues or experiences or feedback about an iOS beta in this forum. Also, since beta iOS is not supported publicly, any issues you have should be reported through the correct channels. Go use those proper channels, please.

Jan 18, 2015 5:50 AM in response to nordfriese77

Well, it's not about the BETA, it's about the phone hardware. I'll move back to 8.1.2 now, to get a hardware inspection in the store.

Update: just reverted the phone back to 8.1.2 -- still, WIFI is greyed out - although it's practically factory new (configured as new iphone)

What I also did was:

+ flightmode on/off

+ reset network settings

+ lots of hard resets

my wifi button is grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.