Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting my Outlook mail on the server nor on my mac, but it appears on my iPod.

My school has its own mail and its provided by Outlook, it appears that outlook was deleting my mails on that account every week. But I didn't mind because they were on my Mail on my Mac and so on my 4th gen iPod. Outlook has changed its interface and all my mails were deleted, now my e-mails don't appear on the Outlook.com page nor on my Mail app on my MacBook Pro, but I can see them on my iPod.

Do you guys know why this happens and how can I fix it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 9:49 AM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2014 11:18 AM in response to laurapaez

There are two types of email commonly used, POP and IMAP. If you're set up as a POP account on your iPod, it's downloading the mail and it's no longer available on the server. IMAP on the other hand will allow all devices to see it by leaving a copy there. I'd check the school's instructions for setting up email and make sure all your devices are set up as IMAP in the email account setups.

Not getting my Outlook mail on the server nor on my mac, but it appears on my iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.