Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove ALL safari user data

Safari 5.05 is not behaving for a single user; all other users are fine.

I've tried removing :

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari

~/Library/Caches/Metadata/Safari

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.RSS.plist

~/Library/Safari

Am I missing something?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 27" iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 9:40 AM

7 replies

Jan 19, 2014 10:08 AM in response to Eric Root

A silverlight window is not loading and 1Password is hanging on to old version.

I've been working with the 1P folks so far without out success, but, that seems to be when the silverlight issues began and remain even with the 1P disabled.

I've removed and reinstalled silverlight.

I was hoping to start user with clean slate. All is fine for user with chrome and firefox.

Jan 20, 2014 9:27 AM in response to stepggray

My system is 10.6.8 and I was using Safari 5.0.5 with 1PW 3.8.21 application with version 3.9.20 of the safari extension. I think this is as far as I can go until I update to 10.7, 10.8. or 10.9 (Yes I know I am overdue!)

Working with 1PW support, I'd been trying to clear out an older version of the 1PW extension. I had two 1pw icons after installing 3.9 extension and only the older one worked...sometimes. The Silverlight behavior also started to crop up as well as other unstable Safari behavior, e.g. unable to access preferences or opening prefs and crashing.

SOLUTION:

complete uninstall of Safari 5.0.5 and install of 5.1.10. Silverlight worked fine. All preferences accessible. Then added 1pw extension 3.9.20 and all is well.

All is well. I am curious though why Apple download offers 5.1.10 for 10.6 but my software update has been saying no update available. ???? So once again I'll say that I probably should get my system to 10.8 at least.

Thanks for replies!

step

Jan 20, 2014 9:59 AM in response to stepggray

You are welcome. Sorry about the version oops. I was booted into my Mavericks partition, not my Snow Leopard partition. If you are considering upgrading, here are the requirements:

Check that your computer is compatible with Mountain Lion/Mavericks.

To check the model number hold down the option/alt key, go to the Apple menu and select System Information.

iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) model number 7,1 or higher

Your Mac needs:

• OS X v10.6.8 or OS X Lion already installed
  • 2 GB or more of memory (More is better - 4 GB minimum seems to be the consensus)
  • 8 GB or more of available space

Check to make sure your applications are compatible. PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

You can also boot from the DVD that came with the computer and use Disk Utility to make a small (~40-50 GB) partition and 'test drive' Mavericks, 10.9.

remove ALL safari user data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.