Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Audio efter restart! 13" (Retina late 2013)

Hi,

I don't know what happened after I restarted my new Mac. The sound is gone. I doesn't even work when I plug in my ear phones. As you can see at the image below, I am running 10.9.1

User uploaded file

as you se down below, the volume has faded away, and I can't choose any output or input speakers.

User uploaded file

I have read the entire thread down below, and I don't reeally know where to go from here. I have tried the different solutions suggested, but nothing seems to work.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5482053?start=150&tstart=0

I am not sure, but I think it might be a sound driver issue, since my volume button has faded away.

It is quite disappointing when you buy a new Mac for work purposes and all of a sudden there is no sound.

Please help, if someone knows how to fix this.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 9:58 AM

6 replies

Jan 19, 2014 10:00 AM in response to FrederikBonde

Have you tried the PRAM/VRAM reset?

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on your Mac.
  4. Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  5. Release the keys.

It will chime a 3rd time then see if your issue is resolved

Jan 19, 2014 1:31 PM in response to FrederikBonde

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

No Audio efter restart! 13" (Retina late 2013)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.