Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A way to revert search functionality to previous versions of iTunes?

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to find a way to revert the iTunes search functionality to it's previous state.

It used to be that if I typed the string "Bob" I'd have a full list of all of my songs which contained the word "Bob" whether it was Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, or a song called "Bob Went to the Store".

I really like this functionality. I could type rap and have all of my rap music appear. Or classical, or 1992, or whatever I would like really. I understand I can go into genres now and click a genre. But I have a lot of songs under hip-hop/rap and a lot under rap and a lot under hip-hop. In this way I could get all rap songs with rap in them as opposed to just rap, or hip-hop/rap.

Now I have to create a playlist I guess? And click each artist I would like. And drag songs over.

Sometimes I don't want to create a playlist to listen to all the versions of a particular song I have.

Is there a way to revert the search functionality?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 11:02 AM

1 reply

A way to revert search functionality to previous versions of iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.