Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S stuck on lock screen, cannot power off because touch screen not working

My iPhone 4S touch screen is not responsive to anything, it is just stuck on the lock screen however both my lock and home button are working. The ios 7 update allows you two shortcuts on the lock screen, one at the top and one at the bottom, both of these are fully operational however anywhere in the middle of the screen doesnt work so i am unable to use my iPhone as i cannot swipe to unlock.

This just started after accidently spilling liquid onto my phone however i have checked the water indicators as advised in other forums and none of them are pink or red. I have no idea what to do next as loosing any imformation, apps, photos or music would be very very annoying and upsetting.

Any advise would be appreciated as worst case scenario would be that i cannot obtain any of my photos from my phone. I have no way of getting into it as the screen provides notifications, tells time, and shows wifi however just doesnt work. So far i have tried putting it in a tupperware of rice and near a radiator so if anyone has any information or advice that can help me it would be greatly apreccited.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 11:38 AM

Try restarting your device by pressing and holding the HOME button and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. See if this restart will help. If not, then I suggest a visit to your local Apple retail store to see if a genius can be of assistance. Liquid on the device certainly can cause issues that cannot be resolved. Although the liquid contact indicators are currently white, the moisture can set in and quickly change to pink or red.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2014 11:38 AM in response to harry.keeley

Try restarting your device by pressing and holding the HOME button and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. See if this restart will help. If not, then I suggest a visit to your local Apple retail store to see if a genius can be of assistance. Liquid on the device certainly can cause issues that cannot be resolved. Although the liquid contact indicators are currently white, the moisture can set in and quickly change to pink or red.

Nov 13, 2014 12:27 PM in response to TeeKnows

My 4s was stuck when double-clicking to see multiple windows, would not swipe windows from screen. Eventually it would come back to Home Page but would still stick on multiple windows. And would not power off but would go to Lock screen and "slide to unlock" would work. I experimented opening different windows and then got it permanently stuck on the "shortcuts" screen with icons for Bluetooth, flashlight, etc.

Thank you SO much TeeKnows for your advice to hold the HOME button and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. I was so happy and relieved to see it worked!!!! And phone seems to be fine for now. I really appreciate your helpful suggestion!!!

iPhone 4S stuck on lock screen, cannot power off because touch screen not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.