Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook no longer connects to T.V. after Thunderbolt 1.2 update

I recieved a 13 inch, mid 2012 MacBook Pro for my birthday on Dec. 20th 2013. A few days later I bought a Nexxtech Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor which was working fantastically for a couple weeks when connecting my MacBook to my Insignia TV. After installing the Thunderbolt 1.2 update, my MacBook and TV no longer connect. The screen on my MacBook will flash for a second like it is detecting the TV, but that's it. I get a "no signal" sign on the TV. I've tried everything I could find on the internet. Resetting the PRAM and SMC, detecting through command + F2, turning off "displays have seperate spaces", and all the little rituals some people have to go through to get it to work. Nothing. I've even tried it on my parents LG TV. Nothing. I'm so ****** off. This was a huge reason I got a MacBook. Seeing that this update came out in May 2013 and people have been having the same issue since then, I'm not hopeful that Apple will be fixing this any time soon.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 11:11 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook no longer connects to T.V. after Thunderbolt 1.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.