Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'DOCUMENT' folder has gone missing? How do I restore it?

There maybe another place for this question and if so, someone tell me. I noticed that I had a great deal of duplicate files on my system and found an app that was supposed to take care of it called, "Duplicate Detector." I downloaded it, opened it up then dragged over the DOCUMENT icon on the left-hand side and placed it on the new app and all of a sudden, "POOF!" my folder disappeared. I do have a copy of it in Time Machine however. So, how do I get the document icon back unto the left-hand side and functional?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2017 11:01 AM

I have a similar issue except I don't have a Document folder under my HOME. Have I somehow moved them all to iCloud? How do I get Documents on my hd to display? Just seem to have happened yesterday while I was reviewing my iCloud content.

20 replies

Mar 9, 2017 9:49 AM in response to flamingv

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is marked solved and is a couple of years old, less people are likely to look at it. A new post would be much more visible. You can link to this one.

If you are using macOS Sierra and have Documents and Desktop syncing with Optimize selected in System Preferences/iCloud/iCloud Drive/Options, that is normal.

Jan 19, 2014 12:36 PM in response to leroydouglas

From what you've written to me, I see that I wasn't as clear in my wording as I should have been. Please see the picture that I uploaded of what is going on for me. The 'dark blue' in the middle is the H.D. that is being used and a Document folder is there and I did click on it and all my stuff is still there. Your thoughts again?

'DOCUMENT' folder has gone missing? How do I restore it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.