Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone wont keep a signal and settings app crashs when i go to cellular

Hi there im new to this i recently reset network settings on my iPhone 4S running iOS 7.0.4 since then my phone won't keep a signal it will say the operater name for 10 sec then lose 3G and just show signal bars then it says searching then it starts all over again I have tried different Sim card in the phone it will not make a call or receive i really need help because its my only cell phone and i have no way of contacting important business clients thanks in advance to anyone that can help. By the way when i go into settings app and press cellular the app crash's any help would be great

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 1:13 PM

Try resetting the phone. This will not affect data and is different than the reset you did on settings. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot.

You might want to make sure all of the apps are closed before doing this. Double tap the home button and swipe upwards on the thumbnail of apps until they are all closed, specifically the Settings app, then perform the reset.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2014 1:13 PM in response to Patrick.mc

Try resetting the phone. This will not affect data and is different than the reset you did on settings. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot.

You might want to make sure all of the apps are closed before doing this. Double tap the home button and swipe upwards on the thumbnail of apps until they are all closed, specifically the Settings app, then perform the reset.

Jan 19, 2014 1:51 PM in response to Patrick.mc

Well, 3 would be able to tell you if they are compatible. I'm not saying they aren't, but whomever handles your warranty/out of warranty service for the iPhone needs to look at the device. I'm sorry it is such a distance, does the carrier provide support then? You need to check with Apple about service. Use this support document to see how to contact them. http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

May 1, 2014 6:02 PM in response to Patrick.mc

Hi Patrick.mc,

Did you end up fixing this issue? I had IOS7.0.4 and first encountered this problem yesterday (TPG Australia) and it's really frustrating. Backed up the phone, erased/reset the phone and it went away (although the "cellular settings" now read "mobile settings") at Apple Genius Bar. They also replaced the battery and in the process, realized there were other problem with the phone so they gave me a new one as it is still under warranty. However, I then updated the software of the new phone to IOS7.1.1 and restored it from my backup. THE PROBLEM CAME BACK! ON THE NEW PHONE! The cellular settings is now mobile settings. Signal keeps dropping out and can never open the cellular settings. It just keeps crashing to Springboard.

I ended up resetting the new phone, and just do a partial restore (manually transfer the photos back to the phone etc) and reinstalling apps back manually. Lost all other minor stuff. Let me know if anyone out there is encountering this.

May 2, 2014 1:25 AM in response to joe_wee86

Hey joe

Sorry but i never got it sorted my phone is Bacicly an ipod i was told by a few phone shops that its likely to be the signal ic blue coil i can get the part from ebay in USA but i cant get anyone to fit what one guy done before he came to the conclusion that it was the signal ic he put in a new battery,cellular antenna most people i went to think its hardware but i never so much as left my phone fall

Jun 25, 2014 2:12 AM in response to Patrick.mc

I'm in Australia and experienced exactly the same issue. None of below worked for me:

1. flight mode and restart

2. disable pin and search for carrier

3. resetting network settings

then I went to apple store and got a new sim but this time situation was worse it kept searching for the network and no connection at all for few hourse

then I decided to take a backup and then deleted all the data and settings under settings>general>reset

after restoring from last backup the issue resolved.

My iphone wont keep a signal and settings app crashs when i go to cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.