Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.9 update, how about bootcamp?

I beleive that this topic is already well discussed, but I cannot find it. Please help.

I have MBP5,1 and it has 10.8.5. I'd like to update it to 10.9, but how about bootcamp valume? I have so many Windows apps.

My question is can I just update it to 10.9 (overwrite)? Does it affect bootcamp volume?

Or should I take a time and do it with winclone?

Please advise!

Other OS, 2.53MHz/6GB/500GB

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 1:38 PM

1 reply

Jan 20, 2014 12:22 AM in response to Hiro

You should always have backups.

If your Mac's partitions are standard (including Bootcamp) and no resizing has taken place since Bootcamp was used there shouldn't be a problem upgrading to Mavericks.

If your partitions have been re-sized since installing Windows in Bootcamp then it is very possible that Windows could be lost or at least that repairs would need to be made to it - though that is not 100% successful.

10.9 update, how about bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.