Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keep on getting a msg from 44 7786 205094

Keep on getting a msg from 44 7786 205094 with a bunch of letters and numbers in the body of the txt. I got over six of them so far. Don't know what it means or what i should do.Any idea?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 2:24 PM

This is a 3 year old thread. The information provided earlier is correct. This is a hidden SMS sent to the Apple servers in the UK for activation of FaceTime and iMessage. No need to do anything else. It only appears in your history if you are using a non-supported carrier. Nothing to worry about. It isn't spam or anything you should try and block.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2017 2:24 PM in response to MythicaII

This is a 3 year old thread. The information provided earlier is correct. This is a hidden SMS sent to the Apple servers in the UK for activation of FaceTime and iMessage. No need to do anything else. It only appears in your history if you are using a non-supported carrier. Nothing to worry about. It isn't spam or anything you should try and block.

Jan 5, 2017 5:53 AM in response to shannas241

Yeah what I would usually do is send this code- :validHTML(SecureSever) "Cookies valid for 44 7786205094"

}

if~ fail "suspend caller id from secureserver"

/keep caller id "PRINT YOUR PHONE NUMBER HERE"

{

end

It doesn't ask for info it suspends their caller id from your history so they loose all memory of your IP.

Hope this helped either wise you can just block them lol

Jun 24, 2017 6:28 AM in response to EngrZewarkhan

It is not going to display a message. The iPhone sends a hidden SMS to the iMessage and FaceTime servers in the UK to activate iMessage and FaceTime. The server then sends a response to the phone for activation. If your carrier blocks international SMS and the iPhone cannot receive the response correctly, or you are not using a supported carrier which blocks or charges you for the SMS, then iMessage and FaceTime will not activate.

keep on getting a msg from 44 7786 205094

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.