Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple logo on menu bar sometimes changes color?

Hi,

So sometimes after turning on my iMac I notice that the Apple logo on menu bar isn't as usual. It is still a gradient, but black at top and orange at bottom (unlike the usual - "a bit transparent"). But after some time it goes to normal again. So does it means something (like that my iMac is heating) or I have to see a doctor? 😀

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iMac 27-inch late 2012

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 7:25 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Look in , System Preferences, Desktop and Screen Saver, and see if 'Translucent menu bar' at the bottom of the screen is checked.

That setting permits the desktop background colors to show through the menu bar.

If you have ALSO set 'Change Picture' to automatically change the desktop background, that would account for different appearances to the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2014 7:25 AM in response to customer_zzz

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Look in , System Preferences, Desktop and Screen Saver, and see if 'Translucent menu bar' at the bottom of the screen is checked.

That setting permits the desktop background colors to show through the menu bar.

If you have ALSO set 'Change Picture' to automatically change the desktop background, that would account for different appearances to the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

Jan 20, 2014 4:46 PM in response to kostby

Hi kostby

I know about this appearance feature, but this is not the case here. (I have completely black background image at its corners, so the orange color didn't come from desktop image...

One thing I forgot to mention: this accurred mostly after gaming in bootcamp, so I thought waybe there is a feature in mountain lion where logo color indicates about heat problems...

But if there is no such a feature, than maybe it was just a glich (only thing that this wasn't just one time).

If I notice it sometime again, I will post screenshot.

Thanks!

Apple logo on menu bar sometimes changes color?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.