Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App to retrieve iOS Notes from Time Machine backups

I am looking for a suggestion for an app which will retrieve iOS notes.

I deleted some notes around November, and want to try to retrieve them.

My thought is that given that I backed up my iPad to my Mac, I could recover my iPad backup from last October and extract the notes?

Some of the apps out there let you extract material from the *current* iOS backups on your Mac. But I want to extract the notes from an old iTunes backup, which now only exists on my Time Machine backup.

So some of the apps have a UI which presents all of the current backups in the window and you choose the one you want. I need an app which lets me browse to my time machine backup drive and select a very old backup (no longer on the Mac or in iTunes).

Is this possible?

Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 3:48 PM

2 replies

Jan 19, 2014 4:56 PM in response to Simon S

You can restore one or more of these ios backups from your Time Machine volume, perhaps restoring them to an external drive or a special folder, and then there are various programs that can work on those files from your hard drive. Another one (which is a bit expensive but does work) is Dr. Fone wondershare

http://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery-mac/mac-iphone-data-recovery.html

App to retrieve iOS Notes from Time Machine backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.