Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 4 – UPDATE ISSUE – IOS 7 UPDATE DELETED ALL THE CONTACTS : PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP!

Hello Everyone,

Following are the seemingly essential details in regards to this discussion :

• iPhone Model = 4
  • Purchase Date = 05.Jan.2011

Initial Activation Remark = I used my gmail email account to add contacts initially. But phone always failed to sync (back) with gmail after the initial setup. As in if I make any changes in the iPhone’s Contact List, it won’t automatically be saved to my gmail account. But I thought to keep a full phone back up on my MacBook Pro will be safer option as well.

Latest Full Phone Backup Date = 19.Sep.2013 [via iTunes-11 on MacBook Pro-OS X 10.8.2]

iOS 7 Update Date = 20.Sep.2013

>>>[It went "On" Automatically when I touched to read the details, and could not stop once it got initiated - Actually I wanted to wait until some reviews were out. ****.]

Problem = iOS 7 update deleted all the Contacts that were originally saved on the iPhone.

Tried & Failed = I tried to restore from the available 19.Sep.2013 backup from my MacBook Pro. It restored everything but still NO CONTACTS. If I add email [orginal gmail] account's contacts then it does not show the contacts that I saved on the phone locally; around 1100.

I am in the great trouble because my 1100+ contact list just zeroed by this new update.

[Also, my iCloud all got screwed up. I had earlier used my wife's credit card to register for iTunes, and now my account got her name all over it. There is no option to change the name on icloud.com. I will start a new discussion for this problem.] Though I am trying not to lash out on Apple (for now), but I think that it is seriously getting into my nerves.

Could anyone please help me to get my contacts back? I will be eternally grateful.

I still got the Full iPhone Backup on my MacBook Pro that I did just before the update.

Please help. Thank you!

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 11:14 PM

2 replies

IPHONE 4 – UPDATE ISSUE – IOS 7 UPDATE DELETED ALL THE CONTACTS : PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.