Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security.

Good morning, I'm using an Ipad. Following a email request to check my Apple store ID and to enter my current ID and password, a new window openned requesting to verify the paiement data, name, address, credit card.... The format of this window was http. and not https. I then shutted it down.

Is it a fishing case or the regular way ? How to be sure it is secure ?

Thak you

Guy Walch

iPad, iOS 6, PC Windows 8

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 1:14 AM

It is a phishing attempt to get your Apple ID, Password and Personal Data. Do not reply.

9 replies

Nov 18, 2015 10:59 AM in response to Diavonex

I too got a request from applieid.apple.com asking me to use a link to go somewhere to.....here it is.

As we strive to secure your account, please be informed to integrate

to our latest security platform today. Integration process requires validation

of your Account. Our system automatically integrates your Account to our latest security platform upon successful validation.

Kindly connect to our ************ to get your account validated and automatically integrate to our newly installed security platform.

Your privacy and security is our concern.

Apple Support

If the grammar and sentence structure had been correct I might have. Hard to tell the real from the scam these days. How do they use applieid.apple.com as a return or from email?

<Link Edited by Host>

Aug 26, 2015 2:56 PM in response to Guy Walch

Today when looking at video for mokingjay part one, I gto a pop up stating that I had gotten a virus and to call Apple Customer Service, it gave a 1-888-273-5670. I called and the person said his name was Justin, but talk with a India Style accent, he wanted my Apple Serial Number, and then wanted to know how old my iPad was, he came back and ask why I havent taken care of my iPad. He also stated that there were a lot of people trying into my iPad. Then he tried to get me to purchase a security update. When I stated I was not comfortable giving anything over the phone he stated he would send me a receipt for me to pay. I did give him a name and iPad number. Hopefully this can get to Apple tech, to chase these fakes down.

tthe site address that showed up when the pop up started was http:\\occss.us.

Nov 18, 2015 10:27 AM in response to dilaf

dilaf wrote:

I too encountered the same problem following an attempt to buy an app. But your link to overcome this situation doesn't seem to be working.

May you please redirect me.

regards,

Read Diane's post once more. That link takes you to the phishing site. It's probably not working because it's been taken down.

No wonder a lot of people fall for these tricks.

Security.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.