Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An octave of strings sounding realistic!?

G'Day all!

Am using piano roll to create and monitor notes. I want to creat a realistic sound of orchestral strings going up and down an octave quickly - which I will then loop. the song is about the sea so I want it to sound like a wave going up and down,

I've created the notes on piano roll and overlapped them but it just sounds horrible!

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thank you, dee

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 12:24 PM

OK, here is the answer! Finally frustration got the better of me and I asked a concert violinist his opinion! Turns out that what I wanted was unrealistic for a REAL orchestra to play in just 2 bars of music so I simply converted it from orchestral strings to a Steinway piano instead - sounds great! I guess the answer is that you can only push Logic Pro so far without losing the realism!

Regards, dee

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2014 12:24 PM in response to Dee Handyside

OK, here is the answer! Finally frustration got the better of me and I asked a concert violinist his opinion! Turns out that what I wanted was unrealistic for a REAL orchestra to play in just 2 bars of music so I simply converted it from orchestral strings to a Steinway piano instead - sounds great! I guess the answer is that you can only push Logic Pro so far without losing the realism!

Regards, dee

An octave of strings sounding realistic!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.