Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need a new IPhone 4S battery.. I can never go on my phone due to this... Could Apple give me a new one for free? Or what?

IPhone 4S alway dies and can never use.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 7:49 AM

5 replies

Jan 20, 2014 8:20 AM in response to Tonyortiz

A battery is classed as a consumable which due to the nature of its design is not covered by the Warranty. It is very very rare they will be replaced under the Warranty, however if you take it to an apple store/service providers shop they can give you their opinion too!

However the 4S is an older device in the technology chain now and iOS 7 will have a much larger impact on its operating time now in comparison to iOS 6, but if you don't ask you won't find out!

Jan 20, 2014 8:40 AM in response to MetaSolaray

No they don't replace parts that will under perform, its like car tyres, they are not covered by a Warranty because the more you use them the more they will wear out, it cannot be avoided.

The battery would only class as failing if your phone fails to power on, the fact that you have said it always dies, not 'it doesn't work at all' implies that it does work.

Also the out of Warranty service costs £55.00, if they wanted to pay for the battery I'm sure he would have said that an could have been pointed in the right direction.

Jan 20, 2014 8:38 AM in response to Tonyortiz

This Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”); (g) to an Apple Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Apple Product, or (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Apple Product.

Take it to an Apple store Genius bar only they can determine the reason for failure not users on this Forum

I need a new IPhone 4S battery.. I can never go on my phone due to this... Could Apple give me a new one for free? Or what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.