Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wma audiobooks are missing

Since I upgraded to the latest iPhone OS when I transfer WMA audiobooks using Overdrive I can't find them on my iPhone. The tranfers suceed, I can se them on the device using iTunes but when I try to play them using the Music app they are nowhere to be found. Any idea where they may be located?

P.S. I have no problem with mp3 audiobooks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 8:26 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2014 10:39 AM in response to massspike

I was having this problem too. No matter what I did the iPhone could not "see" the WMA audiobooks I transferred using Overdrive. It appears that the iPhone cannot not "see" WMA books unless there are MP3 books present as well. iTunes on your PC will show the books on the phone but you can't find them on your iPhone to play them.

Try checking out at least one MP3 audiobook and transfer using Overdrive. Then set up Playlists for each of your books using iTunes and they (as if by magic) all the audiobooks should appear on your iPhone. This corrected the problem on 2 iPhones that I update from my PC. I don't auto sync since Overdrive requires manual updates.

Hope this helps.

wma audiobooks are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.