Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I turn off Safari Notifications?

Can someone please help me!? Ive been working on downloading Adobe creative suite, and everytime it tries to download Acrobat XI it says that I need to close Safari Notificati even after I have set the settings to not disturb. Anyone know how to make my life easier?

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 8:24 AM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 6:37 AM in response to bfamous1

Hi, if you open go to utilities and open activity monitor you can then search the items, double click on Safari Notifications, this will cause a pop-up window to come-up. Click force quite to turn off Safari Notifications. You can now download Apps from Adobe.

Hope this helps.

I also found two lines of code that will turn on and off notifications. If you do not want screen notification to run go to Utilities > Terminal> and input code:

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.notificationcenterui.plist

To turn on again code:

launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.notificationcenterui.plist

Cannot take the credit for the code etc. Found it by searching.

how do I turn off Safari Notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.