Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes completely freezes and freezes my computer when I try to search my Library?

My iTunes was working fine a couple of days ago, and then the other day I went to search my library for a specific song and as soon as I type one letter in the search bar it freezes. I can't find the cursor and I have to override to shut down using the task manager. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and the same thing happened. I scanned my computer for viruses and it says there's nothing. The only thing I can think of that is different is that I installed iCloud the other day? But I don't know why that would make everything not work. Please help! Thanks!

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 8:33 AM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2014 1:17 PM in response to leighlaur13

Hey leighlaur13,

Thanks for the question, and great troubleshooting so far. The following resource includes great isolation steps to determine if the issue is user-specific, or system-wide. Once you have isolated the issue, a few solutions are offered:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1717

Thanks,

Matt M.

iTunes completely freezes and freezes my computer when I try to search my Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.