Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import loops into LPX that import fine into Logic 9

Hi all,

I'm new to posting to the forum but have learned a great deal from browsing it over the last few years. I've got a question that I've scanned the forum for but can't seem to find an answer to. My problem is this: I've got loops that will import fine into the loop library in Logic 9 but absolutely will not show up in Logic Pro X (10.0.4). I'm running OSX 10.6.8 on a late 2013 MBP (15", 16GB RAM, 512SSD).

These are loop collections that I've purchased from a couple of different reputable companies. Some are in .wav format, others .aiff. I've tried reindexing the loop library, editing the loops individually and as a group in ALU to make sure that they're listed as loops and have the proper collection and naming parameters (all do), etc... Nothing seems to be working. I just drag and drop the folder in LP9 and it works great, but when I try to do the same in LPX, nothing happens.

I'm running my loops through an external harddrive (with an alias on a local folder pointing to the external hard drive), but even when I try to store loops locally it doesn't make a difference.

Does anyone have any ideas/tips? Has anyone else heard of anything like this? For what it's worth, I have just shy of 40,000 loops in LPX (and nearly 50,000 in LP9)... not sure if there's a limit, but it wouldn't make sense that a previous version would allow more loops.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 8:55 AM

2 replies

Can't import loops into LPX that import fine into Logic 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.