Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

your itunes library cannot be saved

I keep getting "your library cannot be saved as you dont have enough access privilages for this operation", even though I have checked that all files in itunes have read write permissions ticked and i also always right click and run as administrator . just lately I have also noticed .TMP files apearing in itunes folder and today i ran task manager and found that it is a *32bit version of itunes using a very lage amount of resorces playing nothing and downloading nothing, running on my Windows 7 64 bit it was preinstalled on machine so would of assumed it would of been a 64 bit and has been updated as newer versions came out could itunes 64 bit update itself with a 32 bit version ? . Now getting error saying there's not enough memory it has 750gb free space . Is running a 32bit version of itunes problem No1 if so when i uninstall it will the 64 bit version accept the 32 bit Library.itl file . Dont really want to have to rebuild library again ps running norton 360 if that makes any difference . Thanks in advance

hewlet packard desktop-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 10:23 AM

2 replies

Jan 22, 2014 11:30 AM in response to boglegod

Hi boglegod,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

It sounds like you need to unistall the 32 bit version of iTunes and install the 64 bit version on your Windows computer. Do you have a backup of your iTunes library? Do you have any other security software installed besides Norton? The following articles may help you with this:

I would suggest following the information in the "External drive" section of the article below:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

I hope this information helps ....

Have a great day!

- Judy

your itunes library cannot be saved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.