Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

while i am trying to switch on personal hotspot on my iphone 3gs, i am getting this error "to enable personal hotspot on this account, contact carrier"

Hiiiiiiii,

while i am trying to switch on personal hotspot on my iphone 3gs, i am getting this error "to enable personal hotspot on this account, contact carrier"

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.3, Hi, while i am trying

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2017 11:47 AM

Bingo.....a perfect solution to getting personal hotspot. But frankly APPLE should not put people through so much confusion and anguish for something as simple as this and something that one got by default in IPhone 4s!!!

8 replies

Jan 20, 2014 10:40 AM in response to kchoure

What part of that message is confusing to you? Your account is not provisioned to support that feature. Contact your carrier. Some carriers charge extra for a plan that allows tethering. If you're using an unsupported carrier, you may not be able to use the personal hotspot feature even if you pay your carrier for a tethering plan. The feature on the phone has to be enabled by your carrier.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.