Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook stopped connecting to home wifi, other wifi ok, other devices connect

I have a Macbook since January of 2010, and it has always connected to my home wifi.

When I updated it to Mavericks, it continued working just fine, connected to all wifi networks (at work, in public places, even when I traveled) but at home it just doesn't find any wifi network. It keeps searching and does not find anything. All my other devices connect to my home wifi (including iPhone, iMac, PC, and iPad)

I have tried unplugging the router, changing the modem, turning AirPort on and off, running diagnostics, reinstalling Mavericks... nothing worked.

The odd thing is, it connects everywhere, always finds all networks around me, except when I am at home.

I'd be very happy if someone could find a solution, as I often need to work from home and using the ethernet cable has become very annoying!

Thanks,

Marie F.

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 4:01 PM

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Click Go then move all the files in the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash.

Turn off the router for about ten seconds then turn it back on.

See if that makes a difference.

Your Mac will generate a new SystemConfiguration folder for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2014 4:01 PM in response to mfreville

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Click Go then move all the files in the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash.

Turn off the router for about ten seconds then turn it back on.

See if that makes a difference.

Your Mac will generate a new SystemConfiguration folder for you.

Jan 21, 2014 11:10 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I had did that, and it got better (my Airport actually finds wifi networks around here, including the one I would like to connect it to). Now when I click on my home wifi, it doesn't even ask me for the password but directly says it could not connect and I should run a Diagnostic. Which I did, and it did not find anything. What can I do?

Thanks for the help!

My macbook stopped connecting to home wifi, other wifi ok, other devices connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.