Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off grid display at startup?

Apple Motion 5.1. Is there any way to have the grid turned off when the app starts? It never used to default to "on", but now it always does. Drives me crazy.

Dan

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 2:50 PM

14 replies

Jan 20, 2014 8:10 PM in response to Dan Thomas (DAGWare)

Yep that's it. Sorry it didn't help. You might want to try deleting the Layouts folder for motion at ~/Library/Application Support/Motion. This has worked for similar type issues in FCPX. Motion should rebuild the folder at launch, but I would not empty the trash in case it doesn't help and you want to put it back. Another thought is under menu window select revert to original layout. Good luck!

Jan 20, 2014 10:13 PM in response to Dan Thomas (DAGWare)

When a new project is created, the overlays are usually turned on by default. There are more overlays than just the grid. From the view menu in the top right corner of the canvas, select Grid to turn it off (or command-single quote to toggle). Next time you start a project, even though the overlays will be turned back on, the grid option should remain off as your "last preference".

HTH

Jan 21, 2014 5:16 AM in response to fox_m

I agree with everything you said. But the operative word is in your last sentence: "should". The grid should indeed remain turned off. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Here's my workflow:

1) Start Motion.

2) Create a new project (or open an existing one).

3) The grid is on.

4) Turn off Grid.

5) Stop Motion.

6) Repeat steps 1-2.

7) Unfortunately, repeat step 3 and 4.

Thanks for the keystroke shortcut. I hadn't thought about using that, and it will save time.

Turn off grid display at startup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.