Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto and icloud

I am having trouble understanding and using iPhoto and iCloud on the mac. I am running the lastest version of Mavericks and iPhoto and have been trying to set up shared Photo Streams. I have about 14 events in iPhoto each with several hundred images I am trying to get on iCloud so I can view them on my AppleTV 3gen.

When I drag images into the iCloud icon in iPhoto I can either move the images in My Photo Stream or create a new Photo Stream. I am choosing to create new photo stream that I can name.

It partly seems to work as I can have been able to get some new Photo Streams created and they sync and I have viewed them on the AppleTV, however I can't seem to get past uploading 1,556 photos or 1.4GB (as per iPhoto sidebar) into 7 new shared photo streams.

When I try to add more images or create a new PhotoStream nothing happens. This has been going on for the past 3 days. I am reaching some sort of limit?

According to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4858 I should be well below the iCloud Photo sharing limits.

I am not using the My Photo Stream folder nor using icloud streaming on any other device connected to my account as I only want to manually move over images I select in my single iPhoto database from my Mac into designated new shared photo streams on iCloud.

According to the Apple site http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4858 :

iCloud Photo Sharing limits

The current iCloud Photo Sharing hourly and daily limits are as follows:

• Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors per shared stream, per hour: 1000
  • Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors per shared stream, per day: 10,000

These sharing limits are separate from the upload limits above. For example, in the same day you could upload 10,000 photos to My Photo Stream and then share those 10,000 photos or 10,000 other photos.

I have images from iPhoto that I want to have put into 14 separate new shared photo streams each with 100 to 200 images - somehow can't get this working.

Thanks for any help.

Mac mini, Other OS, Mavericks 10.9.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 2:51 PM

1 reply

iphoto and icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.