Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iCal for Mac include event reminders any more?

I'm running OS 10.9.1 on a desktop Mac.

I've long used "events" in iCal to create reminders. In fact, unlike the iOS version, the Mac version allowed me to insert more than two reminders for very important events that I just could not miss.

Just now, I tried to create an event in the OS 10.9 version of iCal for the first time in a few weeks and discovered that the process seems to have changed. When I hit the "+" button, a dropdown titled, "Create Quick Event" shows up. (It is not a very useful feature as it seems always to create an event on the day the application is open, with no option to change it right then and there, before I "create" it in iCal.)

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to either (1) create an event another way, or (2) add any reminders at all to the event once it is created.

Am I missing something obvious? I hope this is not an example of either (1) Apple software going Microsoft in difficulty, or (2) the loss of that feature. Without it, iCal is of no use to me.

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 4:29 PM

There are no replies.

Does iCal for Mac include event reminders any more?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.