Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot scan from my Canon Pixma MX870 to my iMac Snow Leopard 10.6 desktop.

I cannot scan from my Canon Pixma MX879 printer to my iMac Snow Leopard 10.6.8 desktop. I have downloaded the necessary drivers . My printer is connected to my computer by USB cable.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), cannot scan from my Canon Pixma MX8

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 10:06 PM

If you want to use Canon's MP Navigator application for scanning, then you have to install the MX870 scanner driver.

If you want to use Apple's Image Capture, then you have to install the ICA driver.

With regards to MP Navigator, when the supporting scanner driver is not installed you will get a message stating so. Are you getting this message?

If you are using Image Capture, then the MX870 will not appear in the left column if the supporting ICA scanner driver is not installed. Do you see the MX870 but when selected it fails to scan?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2014 10:06 PM in response to irmak frompompano beach

If you want to use Canon's MP Navigator application for scanning, then you have to install the MX870 scanner driver.

If you want to use Apple's Image Capture, then you have to install the ICA driver.

With regards to MP Navigator, when the supporting scanner driver is not installed you will get a message stating so. Are you getting this message?

If you are using Image Capture, then the MX870 will not appear in the left column if the supporting ICA scanner driver is not installed. Do you see the MX870 but when selected it fails to scan?

Jan 21, 2014 3:15 PM in response to irmak frompompano beach

irmak frompompano beach wrote:

I have downloaded the drivers as you suggested, but I still cannot scan. ScanGear opens up on the screen, scans about 1/8 and does not move any further.

Install the drivers, repair permissions and restart your computer. Not once have you mentioned that you installed the printer drivers. ;)

User uploaded file

I cannot scan from my Canon Pixma MX870 to my iMac Snow Leopard 10.6 desktop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.