Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i set up iCloud keychain if the security code was sent to a device i lost

So I lost my original ipone 5 while i was overseas. I locked it and wiped out the the information using Find My iPhone. Now i have a new ipone 5C but the verifivation code is being sent to my old phone number instead of my new one. I just want to keychain all my devices, those being an ipad mini, my mac book pro and my iphone 5C. Please help!

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 6:50 PM

3 replies

Jan 20, 2014 7:06 PM in response to Natalia0327

If you need to change the phone number associated with your account (from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5834):

• Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Check that the phone number listed under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Check that the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

how do i set up iCloud keychain if the security code was sent to a device i lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.