Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect a new Windows 7 laptop to a printer connected to a MAC on an existing home network

How do I connect a new Windows 7 laptop to a printer connected to a MAC on an existing home network? I have another macbook pro and a dell laptop running windows 7 already connected but for some reason i cannot get my husband's on! I have downloaded drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, etc. multiple times...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 2:23 AM

Did you install bonjour for windows? That is essential to get this going.

2 replies

Jan 22, 2014 10:41 AM in response to LaPastenague

G'day to you!

Thank you for your feedback. I did re-install Bonjour for Windows but it still doesn't work over the network. I can plug it in with a USB cacle and it works fine.

Honestly I think it is the way the laptop is set up. It's for my husband's work and he connects remotely at times. The gentleman that did it made it so hard to use. Calling in a professional to come look at it in person.

Thanks again!

How do I connect a new Windows 7 laptop to a printer connected to a MAC on an existing home network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.