Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what isTencentWeiboAuthenticationPlugin.bundle

i have this Tencent Weibo authentication in my HD under the authentication do i need this? it does not look like i should and heard it could have malware. any Help would be appreciative bear with me i am not a computer wiz. thank you

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 10:24 PM

It's part of OS X, not malware.

10 replies

Jul 4, 2015 7:59 PM in response to Linc Davis

It may be part of OS X but Ten Cent is a chinese blogging site so why would I need that access in the US? Also anything Chinese and Korean Or Russian for that mater I worry about because most of the Cyber Warfare originates from there. It does not matter if they are just passthrough for attacks from elsewhere. You don't care who threw a rock at you if it came from north your shield will face north.

Jul 4, 2015 8:14 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Nope but then again I did research on the file itself and deleted it when I read that it is a blog site in china. So that must have taken the check off. But thanks for the quick reply. Hope governments around the world will start handling hackers very severely to make it better for the rest of us who don't want to learn everything about computers just to keep us secure.

Jul 5, 2015 2:53 AM in response to Thorador

Thorador wrote:

It may be part of OS X but Ten Cent is a chinese blogging site so why would I need that access in the US?

Apple's sales outside the US, including China, are actually more important than those inside the US (60%+). OS X and iOS have many features like this, installed by default, to make the products attractive to Chinese speaking users.

Jul 8, 2015 12:29 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Is it common practice for this sites admin to report IP addresses of commenters as spammers if they disagree with the contents posted? Are we breaking federal law on this type of practices?

Just because I comment that it worries me stuff I find chinesse on my computer as far *** access when I never visit chinese sites. I do not even speak the language so I have no reason to think it reasonable that an access file is on my computer and not removed since I am in the us. I believe that these should be off my system by default. I should not have doors on my computer and access files for areas of the world I don't use. Now this does not constitute someone putting me on a spammer list because they dislike my comment. Lets make sure you don't practice these types of covert activities. We don't want to end up in a lawsuit. Defamation is cause for one wether its digital or other wise. If you are an admin please investigate this and make sure there were no wrongs done. Thank you for your cooperation.

Jul 8, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Thorador

I only have but one request you withdraw your report on me being a spammer. I have committed no such offense. So it is unreasonable for you to report me as such after that you can delete my comments and we don't have to interact for I will report on you tube my experiences with your technology. My honest experiences. I have that right as a human being on this planet. My wisdom is eternal.

Hope you understand that I exercise my god given right to communicate my concerns.

Jul 8, 2015 1:40 PM in response to Thorador

Thorador wrote:

Is it common practice for this sites admin to report IP addresses of commenters as spammers if they disagree with the contents posted?

Of course not, that is total nonsense,

In any case, if you have something you want to say to Apple or the site admins, go to

http://www.apple.com/feedback

In these forums you are only talking to other users like yourself.

what isTencentWeiboAuthenticationPlugin.bundle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.