Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi signal is full but internet speed is so slow in my macbook air.

Wifi signal is full but internet speed is so slow in my macbook air (mid 2012, lion 10.7.5). How can i solve this problem? Please help.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 5:59 AM

4 replies

Jan 21, 2014 7:46 AM in response to Niajul

Please answer as many of the following questions as you can. You may already have answered some of them; in that case, there's no need to repeat the answers.

• Restart your router and your broadband device, if they're separate. Any change?
  • Run Software Update and install all available updates for OS X or your computer's firmware. Any change?
  • If possible, connect to your router with an Ethernet cable and turn off Wi-Fi. Any difference?
  • Are any other devices on the network, and if so, are they the same?
  • If you can connect to more than one network, are they all the same?
  • Are all network applications affected, or only some? If only some, which ones?
  • Is networking always the same, or is the problem intermittent?
  • Disconnect all other devices from the network. Any change?
  • Boot in safe mode and test. Any difference?
  • Boot into Recovery mode. From the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. Any difference?
  • If possible, turn off Bluetooth and disconnect any USB 3 devices. Any difference?

Feb 12, 2014 10:04 AM in response to manohar3787

I've the same problem with a mid-2013 13" MacBook Air model A1466 purchased in November and face the same problem. The laptop was bought to substitute a 2008 Macbook White that receive a low signal in a bedroom to the opposite side of the house to where the router is, but still worked pretty fine.

The Macbook Air always shows a full wi-fi signal (all 3 lines full), but works very poorly in the same bedroom.

Shouldn't it at least show that the signal is weak? Shouldn't a much newer computer have a better wi-fi reception?

Any fix on this? Thx!

Wifi signal is full but internet speed is so slow in my macbook air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.