Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help setting up printer?

I'm at work and I tried to print something from my MacBook Pro 2012 13'' model and I kept getting a notification saying the printer is not connected.

Since I had this problem two weeks ago I tried to tweak it a little and it worked fine but this time it did not work no matter how much I tweaked. So I tried to juist delete it and then add it again. But instead I accidentally reset the whole printing system including my default printer at home. Mad as I were, I went into System Preferences/Print and Scan. I see my work printer shown. I clicked on it and it was setting up then i get a pop up message saying something like the printer software is unavaible. From there I can't seem to do anything else.

So any suggestions to diagnose this problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 8:20 AM

8 replies

Jan 23, 2014 10:35 AM in response to Justinparker

If you previously had the printer working, did you know the printer's IP? It's something like 192.168.x.y where x and y are numbers.

To connect a wifi printer, you have to do the following:

Go to System Prefs / Printers / Click the + sign.

In the next pane you have to click the IP icon. Then enter the printer's IP in the field called Address:

Next click the Add button at the bottom.

User uploaded file

I need help setting up printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.