Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 cannot be installed on a Bootcamp partition

I own the latest 2013 Macbook Air 11.6 and tried using Bootcamp to install Windows 7 (home and ultimate) 64-bit version.

I followed everything during the Wizard until after booted up to the Installation. Naturally I chose the BOOTCAMP partition to install my Windows 7 but in vain. I tried Format the partition but in vain. The same message pops up, saying something like Windows cannot be installed on a partition that is not NTFS.

It gives me the same result after I tried for 4 times so I gave up but used VMWare Fusion. However I'd really like to figure it out WHY I can't install it natively by BootCamp. Does anyone give me a hint as to how I should keep trying?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 8:04 AM

7 replies

Mar 6, 2014 3:12 PM in response to Keith Barkley

I have the same issue here. I'm trying to install Win7 on a MacBook Air 13" Haswell but I can't.

When Windows Installer starts, I select the partition 4 disk 0 called BOOTCAMP and Format then, but when I clicked Next, to start the installation, I received an message saying the Windows can't be installed on that partition.

The partition is already NTFS formatted, but I think the issue is related with boot partition.

Windows 7 cannot be installed on a Bootcamp partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.